Sunday 5 February 2012

Head Over Heels by Jill Shalvis

Breaking rules and breaking hearts

Free-spirited Chloe lives life on the edge. Unlike her soon-to-be married sisters, she isn't ready to settle into a quiet life running their family's newly renovated inn. But soon her love of trouble--and trouble with love-draws the attention of the very stern, very sexy sheriff who'd like nothing better than to tame her wild ways.

Suddenly Chloe can't take a misstep without the sheriff hot on her heels. His rugged swagger and his enigmatic smile are enough to make a girl beg to be handcuffed. For the first time, instead of avoiding the law, Chloe dreams of surrender. Can this rebel find a way to keep the peace with the straitlaced sheriff? Or will Chloe's colorful past keep her from a love that lasts . . . and the safe haven she truly wants in a town called Lucky Harbor?


I've heard quite a bit about Jill Shalvis and her Lucky Harbor series from others but never managed to read any of her books till now. Thanks to Netgalley and the publishers there for giving me a copy of my first Jill Shalvis book.

Romance always makes my heart flutter. *sigh* Head Over Heels did just that. Chloe's someone I could relate to. She's a feisty and free spirited woman who hasn't had the best luck in her love life - that's mostly because she always picks the wrong guys. One day she gets a visit from Sawyer, the unfriendly local sheriff, for a cup of coffee and she feels an instant attraction but pushes it away assuming that they weren't right for each other.

I don't know where to begin. Chloe is a character I really liked from the start and could even relate to. She's got asthma but instead of letting it get to her, she's always making jokes about it - even in relation to her love life by trying to decide if the guy is 'inhaler-worthy'. Ha ha.

Chloe and Sawyer were perfect for each other. They balance each other out. Like I said, there were moments when my heart fluttered while reading this book. Sawyer's so so different from Chloe.
He's got his ways and he sticks to them. He's not very impulsive or flexible and yet, Chloe and him match like two pieces of a jig-saw puzzle. For someone who thinks he's incapable of love, he sure does fall head over heels for Chloe.

“Chloe?”
“Yeah?”
“I’d be worth the inhaler,” he said, then forced himself to walk away into the night.

I'm a sucker for good lines and I've found a treasure trove of quotes that I love in Head Over Heels. This alone is enough for me to add Jill Shalvis to my 'favorite-authors' list. I'm so excited that this is my first Lucky Harbor book and I have more of Jill Shalvis to last till May, when her next book releases!





Anjana

1 comment:

  1. I read all the Lucky Harbor books over Christmas and thought they were really sweet and fun! I'm not sure if I'll read the next one because I really liked reading about all the sisters but I'm sure I'll pick it up if it shows up in front of me :) I hope you enjoy the rest of her books!

    ReplyDelete